Monday, March 9, 2015

Two EBooks about Animals

Animals are really amazing creatures. They have a lot to teach kids. From a very young age we teach kids the fun sounds the animals make. I know for my classes, when the kids have some excess energy, we do some physical activities according to the different animals. We have fun. Having fun is only a small part of life. Kids need to learn as well. I am pleased to teach my girls more about the snakes and lions through these fun books. The next time we have fun with animals, my girls will have a deeper understanding about the physical animals as well.


 

SNAKES

Dan Jackson


Summary:


SNAKES starts off by intruding the name to kids. the word snake means to crawl. Now this makes sense. We are only on the first page, and already kids want to crawl. Best learning ever. This book is filled with amazing interesting fact for every kid. For example one kid loves the fact that the snake is flexible allowing him to eat bigger food while the next kid loves that snakes have no ears. 

Though the book of really interring facts, each page has a different photograph of a snake. The images are colorful and well detailed. I am in love with the ending of the book. After going through the different snakes from save to poisonous, the book informs kids to stay away. If they see a snake, they should seek out an adult. This is really important because one wrong move, and a child can be in serious trouble. 

Snakes are so amazing. So are the Lions. They have so much to offer as well. 


 

I Wish I Were a LION

Dan Jackson


Summary:


The lion, king of the jungle, acceding to I Wish I Were a LION is the second to largest cat. A neat fact kids love. After this great fact, this book takes kids on a personalized journey through the magical kingdom of the lion. For example if the child was the lion, he would have a body build for hunting or can jump 11 meters. My favorite one, is that the lion likes to take long naps. Not  favorite of the kids. But at the same time, we make nap time into a game, act like a lion and roar off to dream land. Okay so it only worked the first time but at least I got somewhere. 

The Lion is a really amazing animal. If living in the juggle is not enough, this books tells kids a little about their other roles like playing in a circus or being the Lion King. Overall this book is very playful and fun for kids.

I like teaching through play. As much as we play, I think there is a lot to learn through reading as well. Books about animals are so much fun for kids. After reading books about animals, I have noticed two things. One, when my girls play, there is more knowledge and talking going on. Two, they ask more questions. We do more research and more playing. This allows them to discover the direction of their education. There is no better way to start this journey then through a book. 

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.



GET MORE DETAILS CLICK BELOW

No comments:

Post a Comment